Break through the barriers to get things done!
What's more frustrating than knowing how to do your job, working hard, making tough decisions . . . and not getting results because some system, procedure, bureaucratic detail, or difficult personality gets in the way?
In Workarounds That Work, Huffington Post columnist Russell Bishop shows how to boost your productivity with a complete strategy for outmaneuvering anything that stands in your way. The key is to know which procedures and people you can circumvent without causing even greater problems for yourself or coworkers. Bishop provides valuable insight into the workarounds that often hide in plain sight, including:
By following the strategies in Workarounds That Work, you will not only get the results you need-you will also be perceived of as someone who can always be relied upon to get things done, no matter what obstacles stand in the way.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Workarounds That Work
- Copyright Page
- 1 It All Starts with You
- 2 Getting the Right Things Done
- 3 Misaligned Leadership and Unclear Direction
- 4 How You Frame the Problem Is the Problem
- 5 Communication and Action
- 6 Accountability and Response-Ability
- 7 Breakdowns Between Silos
- 8 When Cultures Clash
- 9 Death by Decision: Stop Deciding and Start Choosing
- 10 Moving Beyond Consensus
- 11 Are You a Corporate Firefighter?
- 12 When the Best and Brightest Are Wrong
- 13 Making the Most of Meetings
- 14 The E-Mail Avalanche
- 15 When Process Gets in the Way
- 16 Overcoming Criticism, Complaints, and Resistance
- 17 Multitasking Our Way to Oblivion
- Conclusion: Workarounds Get Things Done
- Title: Workarounds That Work: How to Conquer Anything That Stands in Your Way at Work
- Release date: January 2011
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071753739