Principles of Workforce Asset Management
THIS CHAPTER EXPLORES THE VISION of Workforce Asset Management (WAM) and why acting proactively in this field is critical to the overall efficiency and maturity of an organization today. This material introduces and explains the central positioning of the workforce management office (WMO) in the workplace. The topics underscore the vital principles that allow workforce management systems to be fully integrated into the organization's structure, processes, and culture. Realizing the potential of what workforce management (WFM) systems can accomplish when positioned in close alignment with organizational objectives, the material describes the support needed by personnel who are responsible for WFM systems to achieve both tactical and strategic outcomes.
- Define the A.C.T.I.V.E principles and how they relate to WAM.
- Identify the seven areas of WAM practice and technology design.
- Explain how the vision for the system becomes a blueprint for proactively maintaining success.
- Define the benefits and key components of vision integrity checks.
- Identify the five stages of development and implementation for the new workforce management office (WMO) model.
- Understand the steps to effectively engage the WMO.
2.1 THE A.C.T.I.V.E. PRINCIPLES
A fundamental component of enabling WAM technology to live up to its full potential is a concentrated effort to break down the traditional ...