Sustaining the Desired Future State and Training for Successful Workforce Asset Management
IN THIS CHAPTER, THE NEED for ongoing system and operational support after the workforce management (WFM) system goes live is examined. End-user adoption of a WFM system is essential to the organization. Managing and tracking system usability are described, including quantitative and qualitative metrics so the organization can see what is and is not working. Because WFM systems impact employees daily, it is imperative that a full training process be developed, to sustain usability, build employee confidence, and to ease help desk call volume. Role-based training helps support the different types of employees that will use the system, and organization needs will drive delivery methods and materials.
- Understand how the design of WFM system, policy, and process impact usability and return on investment (ROI).
- Map meaningful metrics to track practical system usability by user
- Describe the challenges to sustained usability and the effective mitigation strategies for these issues
- Identify WFM training requirements, components of preliminary planning, and options for training delivery methods.
- Outline technical considerations and ongoing maintenance of training materials.
- Recognize the different training audiences and adjust teaching techniques to the learning needs and interests of each
23.1 MANAGING ...