1. Richard T. Pascale, Linda Gioja, and Mark Millemann, Surfing the Edge of Chaos (New York: Crown Business, 2000), 14.
2. The name Pierre Gerard is a pseudonym. In order to assure anonymity, I used pseudonyms for all participants in my research study. In addition, particular details of their lives, such as where they live or where they worked before the career change, have been altered.
3. Hazel Markus and Paula Nurius, “Possible Selves,” American Psychologist 41, no. 9 (1986): 954–969.
4. William Bridges, Transitions: Making Sense of Life’s Changes (Cambridge, MA: Perseus, 1980).
1. Richard Nelson Bolles, What Color Is Your Parachute?: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers, 31st ed. (Berkeley, CA: Ten Speed ...