Consider each of the following hypothetical work situations. Would you want others to tell you if the situation were true of you? Would you be likely to tell someone else if the situation were true of him or her?
- Giving a presentation with a piece of spinach stuck between your teeth
- Writing poor-quality business letters
- Not appearing as energetic as you used to
- Mispronouncing a customer’s name
- Having a habit that distracts colleagues in meetings, such as jingling coins in your pocket or tapping with your pen
- Dressing inappropriately for the office
Although you probably wouldn’t be happy to learn that any of these scenarios applied to you, if ...