Chapter 11. Declaration and classification configuration 193
11.2.3 Testing auto declaration and classification
After IBM Content Manager Records Enabler and IBM Document Manager are
set up as described in the previous sections, you are ready to test auto
declaration and classification. For our case study, we test the auto declaration
and classification as follows:
1. Open the IBM Document Manager desktop and log in.
2. Click Add Item. A dialog box opens as shown in Figure 11-9.
Figure 11-9 Add item dialog box
Note: Before you begin the implementation process, check that the
following services are running:
IBM Content Manager Resource Manager server - IBM Content
Manager Resource Manager
IBM Document Manager Cache services
IBM Document Manager Life Cycle services
194 Working with IBM Records Manager
3. Select the Class and Type fields. For our example, we select Report in the
Class field, and Document in the Type field. Click Next.
4. Select the report file and click Open.
5. Enter the required fields. For our example, we enter CorpReport for the
Document Name. Click Apply to create a document of
Document type and
Report class in the system.
6. Click Search.
7. On the Document Search dialog box, search for the document that you just
created. For our example, we select Contains as the filter and enter
CorpReport in the Document Name field. Click Search.
8. Select the document that you just created and click Transition.
9. Repeat step 8 until the document gets to the state where the system auto
declares and classifies it as a record. For our example, we click twice to
transition this document to the Archive state.
After transitioning the document to the Archive state, the document is declared
automatically by the system within a specified time frame. The time is decided by
polling interval value in IBM Content Manager Records Enabler automatic
declaration configuration that we set up in “IBM Content Manager Records
Enabler auto declaration and classification rules setup” on page 185. When this
is done, the IsRecord attribute of this item is changed to yes after refreshed in
IBM Document Manager desktop client.
Tip: For our case study, we can select Approve or Draft at the second time
transition. After you choose Approve, the life cycle goes on to the Archive
state. The auto declaration and classification starts on this document after it
reaches the Archive state.