Let’s face it—graphics are cool. Graphics are a major reason why many developers become interested in gaming technology and creating games. The capability to create an image that can change over time is impressive. 3D graphics gives a false since of depth to an image on a flat 2D surface.
In this chapter, you learn:
• What makes up 3D graphics
• Basic mathematics used in 3D graphics
• Stages of the graphics pipeline
• Graphics profiles
• Using the GraphicsDevice and GraphicsAdapter objects
• Drawing each of the primitive types
Developing 3D graphics is similar to creating real-time art. Even more impressive are the detailed and interactive 3D graphics found in modern real-time ...