The Action PlanUtilize the 7 C's to Build a Winning Team and Organization
- Create your culture.
- Build your culture up and down. Develop it in the boardroom and the locker room.
- Since everyone creates your culture, make sure you engage and encourage all members of your organization to be involved.
- Let everyone know your vision, purpose, and beliefs and make sure that your actions are in line with those beliefs and attitudes.
- Identify what you and your team stand for. Once you know what you stand for, decisions are easy to make.
- Remember that to build a great culture you have to build it, live it, value it, reinforce it, and fight for it.
- Be positively contagious.
- Decide to be a big dose of Vitamin C instead of a germ.
- Create and share a powerful vision, mission, and purpose with your team. When possible, have your team create the vision, mission, and purpose together. This creates even more buy-in.
- Be contagious with optimism and positivity. Leadership is a transfer of belief and attitude.
- Strive to have as many positively contagious team members as possible. When you fill your team with positively contagious people you will see production, teamwork, and trust grow exponentially.
- Weed negativity from your team. Confront, transform, and remove the energy vampires and implement a No Complaining policy.
- Lead with passion so that all the members of the organization see and feel it.
- Be consistent.
- Be the same leader whether you are winning or losing. Stick to your principles ...
Get You Win in the Locker Room First: The 7 C's to Build a Winning Team in Business, Sports, and Life now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.