With this friendly, accessible guide, beginning
photographers will learn to take control of their photography and
get the photos they want every time they pick up their
Beginning photographers often rely heavily on the “Auto” setting in their photography and abandon perfectly fine cameras in favor of newer, fancier models when they don’t get the shots they want.
With Your Camera Loves You, author Khara Plicanic shows you how to leverage the awesome features of whatever camera you have–whether it’s a high-performance DSLR or a basic point-and-shoot–to get the shots you want every time you pick up your camera. Forget the technical talk of lighting ratios, inverse square laws, or exposure calculations, and follow along with Khara as she uses simple explanations of camera functions to show you how to take the fear out of handling new equipment, tell a story with your photos, and use the camera manual like a map, not an encyclopedic reference. Along the way you’ll learn how to correct those yellow dingy photos from your kids’ sporting events, fix overexposure and underexposure in your landscape shots, and much more.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Feelin’ the Love
Part 1. One with the Camera
- Chapter 1. Three’s Company: Understanding shutter speed, aperture, and ISO
- Chapter 2. Shooting Mode Bonanza: Getting bossy, and learning to like it
- Chapter 3. Function Junction: Flash, white balance, and exposure compensation
- Chapter 4. Function Junction, Part Deux: Metering, auto exposure lock, focus, and drive
- Chapter 5. Gettin’ Your Glass On: The lowdown on lenses
- Chapter 6. Rock That Camera!: Real-world problem solving
- Part 2. Almost There
- Part 3. Now You’re Cookin’!
- Part 4. Life After the Click
- Title: Your Camera Loves You: Learn to Love It Back
- Release date: August 2011
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: 9780132776271