In this book, we'll offer a beginner's introduction to Node and its related technologies, and get you under way writing your first Node applications.
- What Is Node and When Should I Use It? by James Hibbard
- A Beginner Splurge in Node.js by Camilo Reyes and Michiel Mulders
- A Beginner's Guide to npm- the Node Package Manager by Michael Wanyoike and Peter Dierx
- Forms, File Uploads and Security with Node.js and Express by Mark Brown
- MEAN Stack: Build an App with Angular 2+ and the Angular CLI by Manjunath M
- How to Use SSL/TLS with Node.js by Florian Rappl and Almir Bijedic
Table of Contents
- Your First Week With Node.js
- Notice of Rights
- Notice of Liability
- Trademark Notice
- About SitePoint
Chapter 1: What Is Node and When Should I Use It?
- by James Hibbard
- What Is Node.js?
- How Do I Install Node.js?
- What Is Node.js Used For?
- What Kind of Apps Is Node.js Suited To?
- What Are the Advantages of Node.js?
- Other Uses of Node
- Chapter 2: A Beginner Splurge in Node.js
Chapter 3: A Beginner’s Guide to npm — the Node Package Manager
- by Michael Wanyoike & Peter Dierx
- Installing Node.js
- Node Packaged Modules
- Changing the Location of Global Packages
- Installing Packages in Global Mode
- Listing Global Packages
- Installing Packages in Local Mode
- Managing Dependencies with package.json
- Uninstalling Local Packages
- Installing a Specific Version of a Package
- Updating a Package
- Searching for Packages
- Re-installing Project Dependencies
- Managing the Cache
- Version Managers
- Chapter 4: Forms, File Uploads and Security with Node.js and Express
Chapter 5: MEAN Stack: Build an App with Angular 2+ and the Angular CLI
- by Manjunath M
- Introduction to the MEAN Stack
- Creating the Backend Using Express.js and MongoDB
- Building the Front End Using Angular
- Creating Components, a Model, and a Service
- Finishing Touches
- Wrapping It Up
- by Jay Raj
- Quick Start: How to Use MySQL in Node
- Installing the mysql Module
- Getting Started
- Connecting to the Database
- Executing Queries
- Advanced Use
- Why Not Just USE an ORM?
- Chapter 8: How to Use SSL/TLS with Node.js
- Title: Your First Week With Node.js
- Release date: November 2018
- Publisher(s): SitePoint
- ISBN: 9781925836219