1. Activating Your iPad and Customizing Its Settings
In This Chapter
• Setting up your iPad
• Choosing and activating a wireless data plan
• Upgrading your iPad to iOS 6
• Custom configuring the preinstalled apps
• Personalizing your tablet
Before you can begin using an iPad you’ve just acquired, it must first be activated. Then—in addition to choosing your tablet’s Lock screen and Home screen wallpaper, and rearranging the app icons on your Home screen—you can customize your iPad, as well as individual apps, in a number of ways. Activating and customizing your iPad is the focus of this chapter.
If you’ve had your iPad for a while and it’s running iOS 5.1 (or earlier), you’ll need to upgrade the tablet to iOS 6. Directions for how to ...