16. Creating and Distributing Content on the iPad
In This Chapter
• Self-publishing and distributing interactive eBooks using Apple’s iBooks Author software on a Mac
• Creating and selling eBooks using other solutions
• Commissioning a custom iPad app
• Considering developing a mobile website for your business
Until recently, if you or your company wanted to create an app or distribute proprietary content via the iPad, a costly custom app needed to be created. However, to cater to the needs of businesses and entrepreneurs who want to use the iPad as an interactive tool for disseminating information, Apple has created several low-cost and easy solutions that require no programming skills and that can be used in-house in a fraction of the time ...