Proactivity: put yourself forward for the role
- When and how to ask for promotion
- Prepare your pitch
- Your key task: write up your role vision and anticipated priorities
1 When and how to ask for promotion
Being proactive is essential if you want to get promoted. The organisation is unlikely to promote someone who doesn’t have the self-confidence to put themselves forward for promotion. Dropping hints won’t cut it. You need to come right out and ask for the promotion.
When and how to ask for promotion
- If you don’t ask for promotion, don’t expect to get it
- The importance of timing
- Don’t wait for a vacancy to come up
- Don’t fall down at the first hurdle
IF YOU DON’T ASK FOR PROMOTION, DON’T EXPECT TO GET IT
Of course most people would ...