Your Successful Project Management Career answers all the questions new project managers typically have, giving them advice and information about entering and excelling in the field
The book clarifies important terminology, discusses how project management got started and where it's heading, and provides a run-down of necessary certification and training.
This is the only project management book to focus on the career aspect.
Table of contents
I. Understanding Project Management Today
- 1. Understanding What Project Management Is All About
2. Introducing the Principal Organizations
- Australian Institute for Project Management (AIPM)
- Association for Project Management (APM)
- American Society for the Advancement of Project Management (asapm)
- International Project Management Association (IPMA)
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- American Management Association (AMA)
- Standards Organizations
- Technical Standards Organizations
- 3. Considering the Project Management Organizations
4. Speaking the Language
- Project and Program Types
- Project and Program Skill Sets
- Leadership Roles
II. Acquiring Project Management Skills
- 5. Acquiring Preparatory Skills
6. Acquiring Project and Program Skills
- Basic Skill Set
- Advanced Skill Set
- Expert Skill Set
- Specialty Skill Set
- Principal Skill Set
III. Improving Your Project Management Abilities
7. Expanding Your Knowledge
- Assessing Your Capabilities
- Expanding Your Knowledge
Expanding Your Education
- Where Are You Now in Your Education?
- What Level of That Career Field Do You Want to Enter?
- In What Location Do You Want to Go to School?
- What Particular School Do You Want to Attend?
- Do You Want to Go to School Full-Time, Part-Time, Day, Night, Correspondence, Via E-Learning?
- How Will You Pay for Your Schooling?
- Expanding Your Training
- 8. Improving Your Abilities
- 7. Expanding Your Knowledge
IV. Applying Your Skills to Projects and Programs
9. Matching the Skill Sets to Projects and Programs
- A Small Project
- An Intermediate Project
- A Large Project
- A Program
- A Virtual Project or Program
- An International Program
- A Large-Scale Project or Program
- 10. Are You Ready for the Next One?
- 9. Matching the Skill Sets to Projects and Programs
V. Making Your Career Moves
- 11. Meeting Market Needs
- 12. Getting Settled
- VI. Keep the Momentum Going
- Title: Your Successful Project Management Career
- Release date: November 2004
- Publisher(s): AMACOM
- ISBN: None
You might also like
What to Say in Every Job Interview: How to Understand What Managers are Really Asking and Give the Answers that Land the Job
"TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF . . ." Decode the hidden meaning behind interview questions and prepare …
Artificial Intelligence in Practice
Cyber-solutions to real-world business problems Artificial Intelligence in Practice is a fascinating look into how companies …
Business Analysis for Practitioners: A Practice Guide
Recent research has shown that organizations continue to experience project issues associated with the poor performance …
Talk Less, Say More: Three Habits to Influence Others and Make Things Happen
Talk Less, Say More is a revolutionary guide to 21st century communication skills to help you …