A complete, task-based guide to developing, implementing, and tracking a video marketing strategy
Online video marketing is crucial in today's marketplace. This guide teaches you proven, practical guidelines for developing and implementing video marketing for your organization.
If you're a marketer, advertising professional, consultant, or small business owner, here's a relevant guide to understanding video marketing tactics, developing a strategy, implementing the campaign, and then measuring results. You'll find extensive coverage of keyword strategies and video optimization, distribution and promotion strategies to other sites and blogs, YouTube advertising opportunities, and crucial metrics and analysis.
Written in the popular "Hour a Day" format, which breaks intimidating topics down to easily approachable tasks
Covers previously undocumented optimization strategies, distribution techniques, community promotion tactics, and more
Explores the crucial keyword development phase and best practices for creating and maintaining a presence on YouTube via brand channel development and customization
Examines effective promotional tactics, how to optimize video for YouTube and search engine visibility, and metrics and analytics
Includes case studies, additional resources, a glossary, information about creating and editing video, step-by-step guides, and valuable tutorials
YouTube and Video Marketing: An Hour A Day gives you the tools to give your clients or your organization a visible, vital marketing presence online.
Table of contents
- About the Author
1. A Short History of YouTube
- 1.1. First Mover and Fast Followers
- 1.2. YouTube Nation
- 1.3. Video Search Engines, Then and Now
- 1.4. Video Sharing vs. Video Search
- 1.5. Google and YouTube
2. The Online Video Market
- 2.1. Broadcast Yourself?
2.2. Five Ws and an H
- 2.2.1. Who Watches Online Video?
- 2.2.2. What Categories of Video Do They Watch?
- 2.2.3. When Do They Discover New Videos?
- 2.2.4. Where Do They Watch New Videos?
- 2.2.5. Why Don't More New Videos Go Viral?
- 2.2.6. How Does Marketing with Video Work?
3. Month 1: Map Out Your Video Marketing Strategy
- 3.1. Tilting at Windmills
- 3.2. Week 1: Identify Opinion Leaders on YouTube
- 3.3. Week 2: Find Opinion Leaders on Other Online Video Sites
- 3.4. Week 3: Reverse the Old Map of Mass Media
- 3.5. Week 4: New Map
4. Month 2: Optimize Your Video
- 4.1. What Is Video Optimization?
- 4.2. Week 1: Research Keywords
- 4.3. Week 2: Optimize Video for YouTube
- 4.4. Week 3: Optimize Video for the Web
- 4.5. Week 4: Think outside the Search Box
5. Month 3: Create Viral Video Content
- 5.1. See the Power of "The Last Lecture"
5.2. Week 1: Watch the Best Viral Videos of 2007
- 5.2.1. Monday: Observe "Jeff Dunham - Achmed the Dead Terrorist"
- 5.2.2. Tuesday: See "Charlie bit my finger - again!"
- 5.2.3. Wednesday: Check Out "Potter Puppet Pals in 'The Mysterious Ticking Noise'"
- 5.2.4. Thursday: Look at "Battle at Kruger"
- 5.2.5. Friday: View "Soulja Boy Tell'em - How to Crank That - INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO!"
5.3. Week 2: Make Original Content Worth Watching
- 5.3.1. Monday: Observe "'Chocolate Rain' Original Song by Tay Zonday"
- 5.3.2. Tuesday: See "PARIS IN JAIL" and "LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!"
- 5.3.3. Wednesday: Check Out "me singing 'what goes around' Justin Timberlake"
- 5.3.4. Thursday: Look at "'I Got a Crush...On Obama' by Obama Girl"
- 5.3.5. Friday: View "Otters holding hands" and NORA the Piano-Playing Cat
- 5.4. Week 3: Observe the Top Viral Videos of 2008
- 5.5. Week 4: Create Compelling Content Worth Sharing
6. Month 4: Create a Channel
- 6.1. Center vs. Circumference
- 6.2. Week 1: Set Up a YouTube Channel
6.3. Week 2: Create a YouTube Brand Channel
- 6.3.1. Monday: Set Up a Brand Channel Account
- 6.3.2. Tuesday: Design Your Channel Page
- 6.3.3. Wednesday: Customize the Channel Page Layout
- 6.3.4. Thursday: Customize the Video Page
- 6.3.5. Friday: Modify the Channel Colors
6.4. Week 3: Customize Your Brand Channel Page Content
- 6.4.1. Monday: Select Featured Video
- 6.4.2. Tuesday: Edit Channel Information Box
- 6.4.3. Wednesday: Choose Channel Page Boxes
- 6.4.4. Thursday: Select Other Channel Page Boxes
- 6.4.5. Friday: Use Other Customization Options
- 6.5. Week 4: Distribute Your Videos to Other Sites
7. Month 5: Engage the YouTube Community
- 7.1. Paul Revere's Ride
- 7.2. Week 1: Become a Member of the YouTube Community
- 7.3. Week 2: Study the Most Discussed YouTube Live Highlights
- 7.4. Week 3: Add YouTube to Your Site and Share Videos
- 7.5. Week 4: Learn the Latest Lessons of Viral Marketing
8. Month 6: Learn Video Production
- 8.1. Happy Tree #3,079
- 8.2. Week 1: Learn Video Production Basics
- 8.3. Week 2: Get Video Production Tips
- 8.4. Week 3: Master Video Production Techniques
- 8.5. Week 4: Answer Video Production Questions
9. Month 7: Become a YouTube Partner and Video Advertiser
- 9.1. Like Super Bowl Commercials?
- 9.2. Week 1: Become a YouTube Partner
- 9.3. Week 2: Weigh YouTube Alternatives
- 9.4. Week 3: Evaluate Advertising Opportunities
- 9.5. Week 4: Check Out Advertising Case Studies
10. Month 8: Trust but Verify YouTube Insight
- 10.1. The Map Room
- 10.2. Week 1: Trust YouTube Insight
- 10.3. Week 2: Verify with TubeMogul
- 10.4. Week 3: Verify with Visible Measures
- 10.5. Week 4: Build an Integrated Trinity Platform
11. Measure Outcomes vs. Outputs
- 11.1. Nailing the Numbers
- 11.2. Win the Presidency of the United States: Barack Obama
- 11.3. Increase Sales of DVDs 23,000 Percent: Monty Python
- 11.4. Deliver 700 Percent Increase in Sales: Will It Blend?
- 11.5. Book $100 Million in Revenue: Universal Music Group
- 11.6. Earn $100,000: What the Buck?!
- 11.7. Finish #1 at the Box Office: Rob Zombie's Halloween
12. Mysteries of Online Video Revealed
- 12.1. Who Discovers, Watches, and Shares New Videos?
- 12.2. What Categories or Types of Video Do They Watch?
- 12.3. When Do They Discover New Videos?
- 12.4. Where Do They Share New Videos?
- 12.5. Why Don't More New Videos Go Viral?
- 12.6. How Does Marketing with Video Work?
- Title: YouTube® and Video Marketing: An Hour a Day
- Release date: August 2009
- Publisher(s): Sybex
- ISBN: 9780470459690
You might also like
10+ Hours of Video Instruction Linux Fundamentals LiveLessons has more than 10 hours of comprehensive video …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
More Than 16 Hours of Video Instruction Overview CCNA 200-301 Complete Video Course is a comprehensive …
English Grammar Workbook For Dummies, with Online Practice, 3rd Edition
Improve your English grammar You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by using proper …