Praise for Zebras and Cheetahs
"It's not the big that eat the small. Today, it's the fast that eat the slow. Zebras and Cheetahs teaches you step by step how to run faster, to be agile in the business jungle, and to pounce on opportunity 10x quicker than your competitors."
—GRANT CARDONE, New York Times bestselling author of Sell or Be Sold
"Business is a game for everyone, and whether you're an entrepreneur, a small business owner, or a corporate executive, you need a guide. If you're striving for growth and profound leadership, the Zebra and Cheetah philosophy will not only guide you through the jungle alive, it will position you to be King."
—JEFFREY HAYZLETT, global business celebrity, bestselling author, and sometime cowboy
"A fresh and unique look at leaders—and how to become a better one."
—RANDY GAGE, New York Times bestselling author of Risky Is the New Safe
"Standing out by being decidedly different, agile, and resilient are three themes of utmost importance for business success today. This book will give you insights, strategies, and tactics for achieving all three—and much more."
—MARK SANBORN, author of The Fred Factor and Fred 2.0
"Growing a business is not easy or for the faint of heart. In Zebras and Cheetahs, Micheal and Colby offer a refreshing and entertaining take on how to see what you do differently, grow your leadership capabilities in new ways, and execute a growth plan."
—Doug Tatum, author of No Man's Land: Where Growing Companies Fail; Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship, MTSU Wright Travel Chair
Table of contents
- Title Page
Chapter 1: The Concrete Jungle
- This Book’s Purpose
- A Few Concrete (Jungle) Truths
- The Song That Spawned This Book
- The Concrete Jungle
- The Relationship between the Jungle and the Tribe: Having, Knowing, Understanding
- Individual and Collective Power
- Setting the Pace
- Become an Active Participant in Your Own Rescue’And Theirs!
- A Word of Caution
Chapter 2: The Landscape of the Concrete Jungle
- The River of Change
- Sink or Swim
- The Current of the Urgent
- Wild Kingdom: Creatures of the Concrete Jungle
- And Then … There’s the 10,000-Pound Gorilla
- Chants, Dances, and Brands
- Part Zebras. Part Cheetahs. All Leader.
- Meet the Zebras
- Meet the Cheetahs
- Meet the Zebras and Cheetahs Leader
- Size Doesn’t Matter
- Look Different
- Choose Well
Chapter 3: You and Your Tribe
- Struggle in the Jungle
- Summoning Courage to Lead
- Courage Means Going First
- Running as a Way of Being
- Running with Purpose
- The Con of the Concrete Jungle: The Greatest of Traps
- Value and Values: How to Live the Tribal Story
- People: The Life Force of the Jungle
- Voice of the Leader
- Voice of the Tribe
- It Takes a Leader to Make a Tribe
- Struggle: The Key to Transferring Energy
- Involvement: The Key to Teachable Moments
- Remove the “S” from “Values” to Create Value
- From Values to Dominant Aspiration
- A Coach‐What?
Chapter 4: The 21st Century Compass: Creating a Dominant Focus
- The Compass and Its Magnetic Pull
- The Dominant Focus: An Organization’s Compass
- Labeling the Compass: Creating a Unique Perspective
- The Pits of Performance, Production, and Profits
- Ready for Action: The Unique Mindset
- A Line in the Sand
- Communicating the Content of The Shift
- Connecting Mindset to Action
- There Is an “I” in “Incentivize”
- Believe, Belong, Become
- Chapter 5: The Zebras and Cheetahs Model: Making Growth Simple, Engaging, and Fun
Chapter 6: Battle-Testing Your Tribe
- Has the Leader Been Battle-Tested First?
- 1. Have You Successfully Wrestled with and Conquered a Problem?
- 2. Can You Use Your Story to Create a Model of Behavior That Will Entice Others to Engage in the Present Struggle with You?
- Has the Tribe Been Battle-Tested, Too?
- The Makeup of Your Tribe
- Ways to Battle-Test Your Tribe
- How Do We Know? We’ve Been There, Too!
- Legacy’What Every Z&C Leader Desires
- About the Authors
- Title: Zebras and Cheetahs: Look Different and Stay Agile to Survive the Business Jungle
- Release date: April 2013
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118631805
You might also like
Your Creative Mind
Too many companies limit their strategic thinking by focusing on what they already know how to …
Creative writing may be the ultimate form of self-expression. Whether the reader is a creative writing …
How To Lead A Quest
Unlock progress through doubt and uncertainty The biggest threat facing modern business is the sheer complexity …
The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
Achieve "Massive Action" results and accomplish your business dreams! While most people operate with only three …