Published by Pearson
October 25, 2021
2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Coordinated Universal Time
144 spots availableSign up for a free trial!
or sign in.
Registration closes October 24, 2021 10:00 p.m. Coordinated Universal Time
Nearly twenty years after the Agile Manifesto was first presented, the legendary Robert C. Martin (“Uncle Bob”) reintroduces Agile values and principles for a new generation—programmers and nonprogrammers alike. Martin, author of Clean Code and other highly influential software development guides, was there at Agile’s founding. Now, in this Clean Agile Live Training, he strips away misunderstandings and distractions that over the years have made it harder to use Agile than was originally intended.
Martin describes what Agile is in no uncertain terms: a small discipline that helps small teams manage small projects . . . with huge implications because every big project is comprised of many small projects. Drawing on his fifty years’ experience with projects of every conceivable type, he shows how Agile can help you bring true professionalism to software development.
What you’ll learn and how you can apply it
- Get back to the basics—what Agile is, was, and should always be
- Understand the origins, and proper practice, of SCRUM
- Master essential business-facing Agile practices, from small releases and acceptance tests to whole-team communication
- Explore Agile team members’ relationships with each other, and with their product
- Rediscover indispensable Agile technical practices: TDD, refactoring, simple design, and pair programming
- Understand the central roles values and craftsmanship play in your Agile team’s success
This live event is for you because…
If you want Agile’s true benefits, there are no shortcuts: You need to do Agile right. Clean Agile will show you how, whether you’re a developer, tester, manager, project manager, or customer.
- Review the Agile Manifesto at https://agilemanifesto.org/
- Read Clean Agile: Chapter 1. Introduction to Agile (book)
- Finish Clean Agile (book)
- Read Agile Principles, Patterns and Practices in C#: Section 1: Agile Development (book)
- Watch Clean Code: The Birth of Agile (Clean Code videos: Watch 41:00-end which covers the story of Snowbird, the whole video will give context leading up to that meeting)
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing.
Section 1: An Introduction to Agile and the History of the Agile Manifesto
Section 2: Business Practices
Break (5-10 min)
Section 3: Team Practices
Section 4: Technical Practices
Break (5-10 min)
Section 5: Becoming Agile
Section 6: Craftsmanship
Section 7: Course wrap up and Q&A
**Robert C. Martin **(Uncle Bob) has been a programmer since 1970. He is the co-founder of cleancoders.com, which offers online video training for software developers, and is the founder of Uncle Bob Consulting LLC, which offers software consulting, training, and skill development services to major corporations worldwide. He served as the Master Craftsman at 8th Light, Inc., a Chicago-based software consulting firm. He has published dozens of articles in various trade journals and is a regular speaker at international conferences and trade shows. He served three years as the editor-in-chief of the C++ Report and served as the first chairman of the Agile Alliance.
Martin has authored and edited many books, including Clean Architecture, The Clean Coder, Clean Code, UML for Java Programmers, Agile Software Development, Extreme Programming in Practice, More C++ Gems, Pattern Languages of Program Design 3, and Designing Object Oriented C++ Applications Using the Booch Method.