Understanding AWS in 90 Minutes
Published by O'Reilly Media, Inc.
Applying the shared responsibility model and Well-Architected Framework
Dec. 6, 2021
5 - 6:30 p.m. Coordinated Universal Time
162 Spots RemainingSign up for a free trial!
or sign in.
Registration closes Dec. 5, 2021 11 p.m. Coordinated Universal Time
Don’t know where to start with Amazon Web Services? Here’s a good place.
Join Bill Boulden to explore the pillars of AWS: the Well-Architected Framework, which helps you improve the security, performance, resilience, and efficiency of your cloud-based architectures, and the shared responsibility model, which breaks down the division of security responsibility between you and AWS. You’ll walk through setting up a sample server and explore all the options available with virtual machines on cloud computing. Then you’ll zoom through a rapid-fire introduction to over 30 important AWS services so you can identify points for further study and development.
What you’ll learn and how you can apply it
By the end of this live online course, you’ll understand:
- The five pillars of the Well-Architected Framework
- The shared responsibility model
- The acceptable use policy
- The difference between serverful and serverless models
And you’ll be able to:
- Make an Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) server instance
This live event is for you because…
- You’re new to cloud computing.
- You want to move from Azure or Google Cloud to AWS.
- You’re seeking AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification.
- An AWS account
- A basic understanding of general networking concepts (IP addresses, Domain Name System (DNS), and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL))
- Log in to the main Management Console in your AWS account
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing.
AWS basics (35 minutes)
- Presentation: The Well-Architected Framework; the shared responsibility model; the acceptable use policy
Quick hits (25 minutes)
- Presentation: Every major AWS service in 20 minutes
EC2 basics (25 minutes)
- Hands-on exercise: Walk through the EC2 Launch Wizard
Wrap-up and Q&A (5 minutes)
Bill Boulden brings tech startups from idea to prod for a living. Six startups in, Bill’s currently the chief engineer at three tech startups: Use Kitch, Hello Audio, and Connector Street. Bill’s an AWS Certified Developer and a former AWS Certified Solutions Architect.