AI for product managers
Fundamentals for building smart products
AI (Artificial Intelligence) is not only something that benefits data scientists and engineers. No matter what your role is, understanding AI will help you identify more high-impact AI opportunities, influence strategy and drive business value. To stay competitive in the future of AI, product managers need to know fundamentals of AI and how to effectively lead an AI product team.
Expert Jaekob Chenina walks you through the basics of AI. Through practical hands on use-cases, AI will no longer be mysterious. No matter if you are technical or non-technical, you will be walked through hands-on exercises of creating a ML (Machine Learning) predictive model that predicts customer purchase behavior. You will also see how design and build recommendation systems (once again, no prior coding experience needed!). Finally, the course will conclude with best practices on how to best lead an AI development team. With an expanded view of AI product opportunities and AI development best practices, you will accelerate your AI roadmap and your career!
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live online course, you’ll understand:
- The fundamentals of AI/ML
- How to build common AI use-cases like predictive models and recommendation systems.
- Best practices for leading an AI development team (including data scientists, data engineers, data analysts, ML engineers, etc.)
And you’ll be able to:
- Perceive high impact product opportunities to maximize customer satisfaction
- Formulate a compelling AI strategy
- Structure a successful AI product team
- Create a data-driven mindset and culture in your company for intelligent product development
This training course is for you because...
- You're a product manager or part of a team building AI products.
- You're a part of cutting-edge company that creates smarter and faster products.
- You want to stay competitive in your role as the industry incorporates more AI in its day-to-day life.
- You want to ideate, build, and launch intelligent and efficient products at lower costs.
- You want to accelerate the speed and effectiveness of your existing AI products.
- You're interested in AI but don’t know where to start.
- Understanding of agile product development.
- Experience working as a product manager is a plus.
- Artificial intelligence: AI for Business (live online training course with Alex Castrounis)
- Artificial intelligence: Real-world applications (live online training course with Alex Castrounis)
- Practical AI product development (video, 41 minutes)
- How to scope an AI project (video, 47 minutes)
- Actionable insights in a week: User research for everyone (live online training course with C. Todd Lombardo and Aras Bilgen)
About your instructor
Jaekob Chenina is a Principal Product Manager for Strategy and Artificial Intelligence at Oracle in Silicon Valley. Prior to Oracle, Jaekob was at Adobe Sensei, where he led an AI development team to build conversational assistants, recommendation systems, and analytics tools. His past experience also includes working as head of product at an AI & Analytics startup and leading quantitative data science at a NYC based private hedge fund predicting stock prices and market trends. Jaekob is also an adjunct professor at BYU’s MBA Marriott School of Business where teaches and mentors MBA students on product management, product strategy, and growth. Jaekob has also consulted and provided custom training workshops to over 30 companies including startups and Fortune 500 enterprises.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Fundamentals of AI (70 minutes)
- Overview of AI use cases across industries and verticals
- The AI toolbox - Search vs Prediction
- Input/Output Machine Learning Models,
- Feature Engineering
- Exercise - Build a LTV predictor from scratch! (even if you’re not a coder!)
- 10 Minute Break
Create a recommendation system (70 minutes)
- Common & high-impact AI use cases across industries and verticals
- Demonstration how to create a recommendation system within minutes
- Exercise: Create a recommendation system
- 10 Minute Break
Accelerating AI (40 minutes)
- The 5 Key roles of the AI development Team
- The 6 biggest blockers to rapid AI development
- Best practices to build AI better and faster!