Cloud computing on the edge
A digital transformation primer
Cloud computing in any of its forms—public, private, hybrid, and edge—can help an IT team take a leadership role in solving historically intractable business performance problems, such as the inability to quickly absorb new businesses, an inflexible supply chain, difficulties in integrating partners, trouble making use of real-time data with a real-time response, and more. The correct business platform, supported by IT with cloud-like agility, elasticity, and scale, can eliminate these problems and create a more nimble, responsive, customer-centric organization. The way to get there? Digital transformation.
In this three-hour course, expert Mark Thiele explains why digital transformation (DT) is more than a buzzword or a new way of describing modern IT. DT describes the enterprise's move from reaction to interaction driven, but the process is a marathon, not a sprint. Join in to gain a better understanding of how your enterprise can leverage current trends like cloud computing, edge computing, and AI as it makes its transformation. You'll be able to apply the lessons you learn widely, in decision and data processing for faster decisions and in a more real-time reaction to opportunity.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live online course, you’ll understand:
- What digital transformation is
- How to start the process of digital transformation in your business
- How key technology trends like cloud computing help enable your enterprise
- How to keep the vision of transformation alive for the long term
And you’ll be able to:
- Rally your company around the definition of opportunity
- Execute a successful project with lasting value to your enterprise
- Deploy solutions with the appropriate strategy in public cloud, hybrid cloud, and edge computing environments
- Create a new culture of customer and employee engagement
This training course is for you because...
- You’re a director or senior executive exploring the process of digital transformation in your business.
- You work with a business looking to ready itself for the future.
- You want to become CIO or CEO in a growing or a larger organization.
- Solid knowledge of project development
- A strategic understanding of your business, industry, and expectations for the future
- Familiarity with leadership principles
- Experience leading through change
About your instructor
Mark Thiele's successful career in IT spans 25 years and has focused on both operating roles and on driving cloud adoption across enterprises of all sizes. Mark has deep industry experience and extensive knowledge of the requirements of policy-driven cloud computing and drives cross-functional strategic initiatives as Chief Strategy Officer for Apcera.
Prior to joining Apcera, Mark was the executive vice president of ecosystem development at Switch SUPERNAP, builders of the world's highest-rated data centers. He is also the president and founder of Data Center Pulse, an organization created to promote best practices in the data center industry. Mark has held executive roles at HP, Gilead, VMware and Brocade and is a member of nonprofit groups including The Green Grid and Infrastructure 2.0, where he advocates for data center and cloud industry evolution.
Mark is a regular content contributor to InformationWeek, GigaOm, Data Center Knowledge and other publications. Mark also serves on the technical advisory board of several startups.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Introduction to digital transformation (40 minutes)
- Lecture: What is digital transformation?
- Group discussion: The value of digital transformation
- Hands-on exercise: Explore digital transformation concepts
- Break (10 minutes)
Kickstarting digital transformation (45 minutes)
- Lecture: How to kickstart digital transformation in your business; examples of successful transformations
- Group discussion: What are some of the roadblocks to making effective change?
- Hands-on exercise: Determine how to apply best practices to your enterprise
- Break (5 minutes)
Key technology (40 minutes)
- Lecture: How key technology trends (like cloud computing) will enable your enterprise; how enterprises have leveraged modern solutions
- Group discussion: What's your experience with cloud or Agile technologies and practices?
- Hands-on exercise: Determine how to use these technologies in your enterprise
- Break (5 minutes)
Creating a culture of transformation (25 minutes)
- Lecture: How to create a culture of transformation; examples of transformation
- Group discussion: Select strategies
Wrap-up and Q&A (10 minutes)