Practical stress management techniques for professionals and their managers
Stress is a natural physiological phenomenon that occurs in all higher-order animals—including humans. In the natural world, undergoing stress can be highly beneficial, even life saving, but for humans living in our unnatural and human-made environment, stress can be extremely detrimental to our health and well-being. The good news is that you can identify, diagnose, and treat stress and build your resiliency to it. The secret lies in understanding exactly what stress actually is and how it affects you.
Join expert Rick Adams to learn how to spot the symptoms of stress, identify the causes (called stressors), and deal with them while also mitigating the effects stress has on your physical and emotional well-being. You'll leave with immediate, practical steps to reduce your stress (as well as that of your team members) and become happier, healthier, and more productive in both your work and personal life.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live online course, you’ll understand:
- What stress is and how it occurs
- The physiological and emotional impacts of stress
- Typical causes of stress (stressors) in the workplace and in your personal life
- How to assess where stress is occurring for you or your team members
- How to assess the impact stress is having on you or your team members
- Individual ways to combat stress and build resiliency
- Ways for organizations to help their workforce combat stress and build resiliency
- How to create your own road map of activity to reduce stressors
And you’ll be able to:
- Recognize when stress occurs in yourself and others
- Identify the causes of stress (stressors) in work and personal life
- Create a plan to deal positively with both the causes and symptoms of stress
- Know when to seek professional help and advice
This training course is for you because...
- You’re a busy professional who recognizes that stress is a part of life and is looking to build resiliency.
- You manage a team of busy professionals and need to help them to manage their stress.
- You want to be happier, healthier, and more productive both at home and at work.
- Exposure to stress
- Experience working in a professional environment
About your instructor
Rick Adams's career has included owning his own SaaS business, helping Cisco to develop its global certification programs, and training many hundreds of pre- and post-sales technology professionals in over 30 countries across the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, and Far East.
His passion lies in helping others to learn, grow and apply their new knowledge and skills to make a real and measurable difference in the world.
His mission is to help as many professionals as possible to realize their maximum potential through learning and development.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
What is stress? (15 minutes)
- Group discussion: What is stress?
- Lecture: What stress really is
The impact of stress (15 minutes)
- Group discussion: How does stress affect you or your team?
- Lecture: Typical symptoms of stress
Identifying stressors (25 minutes)
- Group discussion: What causes stress for you or your team?
- Lecture: Common stressors at work and at home
- Hands-on exercise: Identify stressors
- Break (5 minutes)
Dealing with stress (30 minutes)
- Group discussion: How do people deal with stress negatively? How do they deal with it positively?
- Lecture: Positive steps for dealing with stress yourself; positive steps for organizations to help its workforce deal with stress; when and how to seek professional advice and assistance
Creating a stress management plan (25 minutes)
- Lecture: How to create a personal stress management plan; how to help a team member create a personal stress management plan
- Hands-on exercise: Create a personal stress management plan
Wrap-up and Q&A (5 minutes)