Managing Through Disruption to Recovery
How to support your team and your business right now
Rarely does a crisis touch so many people so fast. Running a business and managing teams has become even more complicated and more challenging, but there are things you can do to set your organization and your team up to recover faster and stronger. Expert Cynthia Owens managed a team during the SARS crisis in Singapore and is now helping companies of all sizes accelerate the changes they need to make to weather the storm. Over 90 minutes, she’ll share what’s working right now, what you can do to solve current challenges, and actions you can take at each of the three stages of a crisis.
Join in to get clear takeaways for immediate action and steps to take as your organization moves forward. The content in this course is updated up to the day before to give you the latest insights on things like developing a business recovery plan, building resilience into your team, and focusing on near-term needs while planning for the longer term. Above all, this is a people crisis, so Cynthia also touches on some of the key challenges managing and leading teams right now.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live online course, you’ll understand:
- Steps to take right now to address the crisis
- The arc of a crisis, so you can begin charting a path forward
- Actions to put in place in the coming days and weeks to move toward recovery
And you’ll be able to:
- Mitigate some of the anxiety so people can move forward
- Take steps to guide your teams so they can focus on their work
- Make plans for recovery
This training course is for you because...
- You lead or manage a team.
- You work on a team and need to make some quick shifts.
- You’re a member of a crisis team.
- Read Manager's Guide to Crisis Management (book)
About your instructor
Cynthia Owens helps organizations perform better by focusing on how people and teams can be more successful. She’s an expert in strategy design and activation, change management, and experience and service design. She thrives on complex problems and connecting the dots for leaders and teams. She works as a senior consultant in the US and in Asia for the Goodness Collaborative and the Tremendousness Collective. She’s also worked with North Highland, XPLANE, and Organization Solutions. The world is changing fast and organizations need to adapt and change to be resilient. Cynthia’s webinars provide practical steps to start solving those challenges.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Managing in a global crisis (60 minutes)
- Presentation: Eight things to do today to keep business running as usual; guidelines for putting together a crisis and recovery plan; special considerations for managers and leaders
- Group discussion: Best practices in a crisis
What’s working?—Wrap-up and Q&A (30 minutes)