Meet the Expert: Lak Lakshmanan on AI in the Enterprise
Over the past three years, AI in the enterprise has gone from a curiosity to a strategic necessity. Accordingly, enterprise leaders are now asking different questions: How do I implement a company-wide AI strategy? How do I enable broader teams? And how do I manage AI models efficiently?
Join us for this edition of Meet the Expert with Lak Lakshmanan, Google Cloud’s global head of data analytics and AI solutions, to get the answers to these questions and more. Along the way, you’ll see how AI in the enterprise has grown more sophisticated and understand the importance of engineering expertise in machine learning.
O'Reilly Meet the Expert explores emerging business and technology topics and ideas through a series of one-hour interactive events. You’ll engage in a live conversation with experts, sharing your questions and ideas while hearing their unique perspectives, insights, fears, and predictions.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live show, you’ll better understand:
- How AI can be applied in business
- The benefits—and challenges—of using AI in the enterprise
This Discussion is for you because...
- You want to learn about the fundamental shifts that are transforming the business landscape and customer needs.
- Come with your questions for Lak Lakshmanan
- Have a pen and paper handy to capture notes, insights, and inspiration
- Read AI Adoption in the Enterprise (report)
- Watch Meet the Expert: Roger Magoulas on AI Adoption in the Enterprise in 2020 (video, 1h 2m)
- Read Best Practices for Bringing AI to the Enterprise (report)
- Read Data Science on the Google Cloud Platform (book)
- Read Google BigQuery: The Definitive Guide (book)
About our guest
Valliappa (Lak) Lakshmanan is global head for data analytics and AI solutions on Google Cloud. His team builds software solutions for business problems using Google Cloud's data analytics and machine learning products. He also founded the Google Advanced Solutions Lab’s ML immersion program. Previously, Lak was a director of data science at the Climate Corporation and a research scientist at NOAA.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Wednesday, October 21, 2020, at 9:00am PT / 12:00pm ET
- Introduction and presentation (15 minutes)
- Interactive discussion and Q&A (45 minutes)