React with Serverless
Utilize serverless functions with React
Topic: Software Development
With the rise of serverless functions, frontend developers are given superpowers to be able to write and manage code that traditionally belongs to a server. This means that you can deploy code in a familiar language to a server and create an entire API with ease without having to learn DevOps.
Join expert Tamas Piros to learn how to create serverless functions, utilize various HTTP methods, and get familiar with calling and consuming serverless functions from a React environment. You’ll explore the most common concepts for working with serverless functions, which you can apply to any provider and leverage in your own projects.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live online course, you’ll understand:
- The role of serverless computing
- Serverless functions (functions as a service) key concepts
- The connection between React and serverless functions
And you’ll be able to:
- Create compelling applications in React utilizing serverless functions
This training course is for you because...
- You’re a frontend developer.
- You work with React.
- You want to become a frontend developer capable of writing backend code via serverless functions.
- A basic understanding of web development, such as familiarity with HTML
- A working knowledge of Node.js or a similar backend language (useful but not required)
- Follow and explore Serverless: First Steps (expert playlist)
- Watch React: The Complete Guide (incl. Hooks, React Router, and Redux) (video, 39h 21m)
- Read Full Stack Serverless (book)
About your instructor
Tamas Piros is a director at Full Stack Training and a web developer turned technical instructor, curriculum developer, developer evangelist, and Google Developer Expert in web technologies. He has more than a decade of experience working with large, prestigious organizations. He’s delivered training classes for clients and regularly conducts presentations and workshops at conferences and meetups all over the world.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Introduction to serverless (15 minutes)
- Presentation: Introduction to serverless
The anatomy of a serverless function (40 minutes)
- Presentation: Anatomy of a serverless function
- Demonstration: Creating a serverless function
- Hands-on exercise: Create a serverless function
Break (5 minutes)
Deploying a serverless function (40 minutes)
- Presentation: Deploying a serverless function
- Demonstration: Deploying a serverless function
- Hands-on exercise: Deploy a serverless function
Invoking and consuming a serverless function (50 minutes)
- Presentation: Invoking and consuming a serverless function
- Hands-on exercise: Invoke and consume a serverless function from within React