Spotlight on Cloud: DevSecOps Lessons Learned with Zane Lackey
A chief information security officer’s perspective on the shift to DevOps in the cloud
Security is often thought of as an impediment to progress—slowing things down by adding another layer of complexity. But when done right, a modern approach to security actually empowers an organization to move faster.
In this edition of Spotlight on Cloud, Zane Lackey, former chief information security officer at Etsy, shares lessons learned building a security program at the leading edge of the DevOps movement. Join in to learn current best practices for DevSecOps teams.
O’Reilly Spotlight explores emerging business and technology topics and ideas through a series of one-hour interactive events. You’ll engage in a live conversation with experts, sharing your questions and ideas while hearing their unique perspectives, insights, fears, and predictions for the future.
In every edition of Spotlight on Cloud, you’ll learn about, discuss, and debate the complex, ever-evolving world of the cloud. Best of all, you’ll discover how successful companies have adopted and embraced this massive network of shared information and how you can follow their lead to transform your organization and prepare for the Next Economy.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live show, you’ll better understand:
- What DevSecOps looks like in modern security teams
- How to shift security focus and reallocate resources to enable the transition to cloud DevOps
- How to ensure security is an enabler, not a blocker
This training course is for you because...
- You're a DevOps practitioner or other technical contributor who wants to adopt modern security practices for cloud operations.
- Come with your questions for Zane Lackey
- Have a pen and paper handy to capture notes, insights, and inspiration
About your instructor
Zane Lackey is the cofounder and chief security officer at Signal Sciences. He’s the author of Building a Modern Security Program (O’Reilly), serves on multiple public and private advisory boards, and is an investor in emerging cybersecurity companies. Previously, Zane was chief information security officer at Etsy, where he led a security team at the forefront of the DevOps-cloud shift.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Wednesday, October 16, 2019, at 9:00am PT / 12:00pm ET
- Introduction and presentation (15 minutes)
- Interactive discussion and Q&A (45 minutes)