Spotlight on Innovation: Enabling Growth Through Disruption with Scott Anthony
Tap into the potential of dual transformation and win
With emerging technologies and new business models unseating long-standing market leaders and shaking up existing value chains, the business landscape is changing by the second. Amid all of the chaos, however, is an unprecedented opportunity for business leaders to harness the catalysts for these changes and power new waves of growth for their companies.
Join us for this edition of Spotlight on Innovation, as strategic advisor Scott Anthony teaches you how to reposition your company’s core to increase its resilience, create a new growth engine through the process of dual transformation, and lead your organization confidently into the future.
O’Reilly Spotlight explores emerging business and technology topics and ideas through a series of one-hour interactive events. You’ll engage in a live conversation with experts, sharing your questions and ideas while hearing their unique perspectives, insights, fears, and predictions for the future.
In every edition of Spotlight on Innovation, you’ll learn about, discuss, and debate the future. Best of all, you’ll discover what successful companies have in common and how you can follow their lead with small, practical steps to transform your organization and prepare for the Next Economy.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live show, you’ll better understand:
- The disruptive technologies and business models that have the greatest chance of driving industry change
- The three components of dual transformation: transformation A, transformation B, and the capabilities link
- Keys to successfully leading dual transformation
This training course is for you because...
- You want to identify the fundamental shifts that are transforming the business landscape and customer needs and address them early.
- You want to learn from other businesses that have successfully transformed and found solutions to customer problems.
Come with your questions for Scott Anthony Have a pen and paper handy to capture notes, insights, and inspiration
- Watch How to Spot Disruptive Innovation Opportunities (video, 8m)
- Read The Innovator's Guide to Growth: Putting Disruptive Innovation to Work (book)
- Read The Little Black Book of Innovation: How It Works, How to Do It (book)
- Watch Five Ways to Innovate Faster (video, 59m)
About your instructor
Scott Anthony is a Singapore-based strategic advisor, writer, and speaker on topics of growth and innovation. He currently serves as a senior partner at Innosight, the growth strategy arm of Huron, a US-based professional services firm. In his 16 years there, he’s worked with leaders of Global 1000 companies, governments, nonprofits, and startups to design new growth strategies, build innovation capabilities, navigate disruptive innovation, and manage strategic transformation. Scott has written seven books, including the recent Dual Transformation, a blueprint for how successful companies can leverage disruptive change to fortify today’s business and create tomorrow’s growth engine. He’s also served as a board member for Mediacorp since 2013. In 2017, he was named one of the 50 most influential management thinkers by Thinkers50 and received the T50 Innovation Award.
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing
Wednesday, September 11, 2019, at 10:00am PT / 1:00pm ET
- Introduction and presentation (15 minutes)
- Interactive discussion and Q&A (45 minutes)