Press Release: February 21, 2007
O'Reilly ETel Launch Pad Finalists Revealed
Sebastopol, CA -- O'Reilly Media today revealed the finalists for ETel Launch Pad, happening the first evening of the O'Reilly Emerging Telephony Conference, February 27, 2007. In the spirit of Web 2.0 Summit, ETel Launch Pad is a special session where groundbreaking start-ups and innovative technologies will be introduced to the telephony community. ETel Launch Pad is co-organized by Om Malik and co-produced by GigaOm.
Following are the companies that have been selected to showcase their submissions (the details of which will remain secret until the Launch Pad event):
- GrandCentral Communications (www.grandcentral.com)
- Peerant (http://peerant.com - coming soon)
- Flat Planet Phone Co. (www.flatplanetphone.com)
- Cellcrypt (www.cellcrypt.com)
- mySay (www.mysay.com)
- Jive Software (www.jivesoftware.com)
- Mig33 (www.mig33.com)
For more information about ETel Launch Pad, visit:
ETel captures and telegraphs the excitement around ahead-of-the-curve telephony technologies, bringing together all layers of the telephony community to compare and contrast web telephony technology, business, and culture in a collaborative, spirited environment. ETel highlights the people, projects, and activities pushing the boundaries of what's possible with IP telephony. The second edition of ETel is scheduled for February 27 through March 1, 2007 in Burlingame, California.
For complete ETel conference details, visit:
Read the ETel conference blog for the latest event announcements and news:
Visit the O'Reilly Network Emerging Telephony site for industry news and
To apply for media credentials, please visit:
For information on exhibition and sponsorship opportunities at O'Reilly conferences, contact Yvonne Romaine, firstname.lastname@example.org or 707.827.7198
To become a media or community partner, email email@example.com
- O'Reilly Emerging Technology Conference, March 26-29, 2007 in San Diego
- Web 2.0 Expo, co-produced by O'Reilly Media and CMP Technology, April 15-18, 2007 in San Francisco, CA
- MySQL Conference & Expo, April 23-26, 2007 in Santa Clara, California
- RailsConf, May 17-20, 2007 in Portland, Oregon
- O’Reilly Where 2.0 Conference, May 29-30, 2007 in San Jose, CA
- O’Reilly TOC Conference, June 18-20, 2007 in San Jose, CA
- Ubuntu Live, co-produced by Canonical, July 22-24 in Portland, OR
- O'Reilly Open Source Convention, July 23-27, 2007 in Portland, OR
- O'Reilly Energy Innovation Conference, August 22-24, 2007 in San Francisco, CA
- RailsConf Europe, co-presented by O'Reilly Media and Ruby Central, September 17-19, 2007 in Berlin, Germany
O'Reilly conferences bring together forward-thinking business and technology leaders, shaping ideas and influencing industries around the globe. For over 25 years, O'Reilly has facilitated the adoption of new and important technologies by the enterprise, putting emerging technologies on the map.
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.