Whether you're a student, a professional, or just curious about statistical analysis, Head First's brain-friendly formula helps you get a firm grasp of statistics so you can understand key points and actually use them. Learn to present data visually with charts and plots; discover the difference between taking the average with mean, median, and mode, and why it's important; learn how to calculate probability and expectation; and much more.
Head First Statistics is ideal for high school and college students taking statistics and satisfies the requirements for passing the College Board's Advanced Placement (AP) Statistics Exam. With this book, you'll:
- Study the full range of topics covered in first-year statistics
- Tackle tough statistical concepts using Head First's dynamic, visually rich format proven to stimulate learning and help you retain knowledge
- Explore real-world scenarios, ranging from casino gambling to prescription drug testing, to bring statistical principles to life
- Discover how to measure spread, calculate odds through probability, and understand the normal, binomial, geometric, and Poisson distributions
- Conduct sampling, use correlation and regression, do hypothesis testing, perform chi square analysis, and more
Before you know it, you'll not only have mastered statistics, you'll also see how they work in the real world. Head First Statistics will help you pass your statistics course, and give you a firm understanding of the subject so you can apply the knowledge throughout your life.
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
Dawn Griffiths started life as a mathematician at a top UK university. She was awarded a First-Class Honours degree in Mathematics, and was offered a university scholarship to do a Ph.D studying the solution of particularly rare breeds of differential equations. She moved away from academia when she realized that people would stop talking to her at parties, and went on to pursue a career in software development. She has worked in IT in a variety of roles, and currently combines IT consultancy with writing and mathematics.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see the catalog page for Head First Statistics.
Head First Statistics
ISBN: 9780596527587, 716 pages, $34.99 USD, £21.99 GBP
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.