With the new edition of this bestselling book, you'll learn everything from the basics of loading photos into Elements to the new online photo-sharing and storage service that Adobe's offering (for free!) at Photoshop.com. There's so much to Elements 7 that knowing what to do--and when to do it--is tricky. That's why this book carefully explains all the tools and options by putting each one into a clear, easy-to-understand context.
Author Barbara Brundage explains, "The biggest [change] is Photoshop.com, which lets you upload your photos right from the organizer, create really swell web slideshows with them, back them up online, and even synchronize your albums between your home computer and your Photoshop.com account...My personal favorite is the actions player. I love how much actions increase what Elements can do, and now it's so easy to install and run them."
With the help of this book, which covers Elements 7 for Windows, you will:
- Get crystal-clear and jargon-free explanations of every feature
- Learn to import, organize, and fix photos quickly and easily
- Repair and restore old and damaged photos, and retouch any image
- Jazz up your pictures with dozens of filters, frames, and special effects
- Learn which tools the pros use--you'll finally understand how layers work!
- Back up and share photos using Adobe's new Photoshop.com service
- Create collages and photo layout pages for scrapbooks and other projects
- Fix your photos online and sync the changes to your own photo library
- Download practice images and try new tricks right away
As always, Brundage lets you know which features work well, which don't, and why--all with a bit of wit and good humor. Dive into Adobe's outstanding photo editor and find out why this Missing Manual is the bestselling book on the topic.
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
Barbara Brundage is the author of Photoshop Elements 6: The Missing Manual, and Photoshop Elements 6 for Mac: The Missing Manual, an Adobe Community Expert, and a member of Adobe’s prerelease groups for Elements 3, 4, 5, and 6.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596521332
Photoshop Elements 7: The Missing Manual
ISBN: 9780596521332, 591 pages, $44.99 USD, £27.99 GBP
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.