Written by four of the top experts in the industry, including a member of Adobe's Flash product team--David Stiller, Rich Shupe, Jen deHaan, and Darren Richardson--this book is formatted so you can find any topic easily. With ActionScript 3.0 Quick Reference Guide by your side, you will quickly learn about topics such as:
- Object-oriented programming (OOP) concepts, such as packages and classes
- ActionScript 3.0 features and player enhancements that improve performance
- Workflow differences between ActionScript 2.0 and ActionScript 3.0 including tools, code editing, component sets, and image and font rendering
- Where did it go? A guide to help you find familiar features in ActionScript 3.0, such as global functions, operators, properties, and statements
- How do I? Step-by-step solutions for performing tasks with ActionScript 3.0, including input, sound, video, display, events, text, and more
Also included are overviews of Flash and ActionScript features and workflows. ActionScript 3.0 is a huge upgrade to Flash's programming language--and this guide helps you upgrade your skills to match it.
As Branden Hall, CTO of Automatic Studios Ltd, states in the foreword, "No matter what your background, the pages that follow will provide you with some excellent knowledge, insight, and even a little bit of wisdom in the realm of Flash and ActionScript. Happy learning!"
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
Jen deHaan is a software engineer on the Flash authoring team at Adobe Systems, Inc.
Darren Richardson writes articles for Web Designer Magazine and community-related sites.
David Stiller is a resident author at Community MX and a regular on the Flash and ActionScript support forums.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596517359
The ActionScript 3.0 Quick Reference Guide
David Stiller , Rich Shupe , Jen deHaan , Darren Richardson
ISBN: 9780596517359, 491 pages, Book Price: $34.99 USD, £21.99 GBP
PDF Price: $27.99 USD
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.