Press Release: December 18, 2008
MySQL Conference & Expo Speakers Announced and Registration Now Open
Sebastopol, CA, Dec 18 2008—Sun Microsystems and O'Reilly Media have now opened registration and unveiled the program for the seventh annual MySQL Conference & Expo, April 20-23, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The worlds largest open source database event unites over 2,000 MySQL enthusiasts to harness the power of MySQL and celebrate the huge MySQL community.
To register and learn about early registration discounts, please visit http://www.mysqlconf.com.
Everyone who registers in December 2008 will also receive a free MySQL Workbench. MySQL Workbench enables a DBA, developer, or data architect to visually design, generate, and manage all types of databases including Web, OLTP, and data warehouse databases. It includes everything a data modeler needs for creating complex ER models, and also delivers key features for performing difficult change management and documentation tasks that normally require much time and effort.
New speakers and sessions join the lineup daily. Featured speakers include:
- Alan Kasindorf (SixApart), "Dormando's Proxy for MySQL"
- Stewart Smith (Sun), "Memory Management in MySQL and Drizzle"
- MC Brown (Sun), "How I used Query Analysis to Speed up My Applications
- Sheeri Cabral (Pythian), Agile Environments and DBAs"
- Brian Aker (Sun), "Map/Reduce and Queues for MySQL Using Gearman
- Jeremy Zawodny (Craigslist)
- Allan Packer (Sun), "How Sun and MySQL are Driving MySQL Performance and Scalability"
- Mark Callaghan (Google), "MySQL Performance on EC2"
- Frank Mashraqi (NetEdge), "Hadoop and MySQL: Friends with Benefits"
- Roland Bouman, "Gearing up MySQL: Implementing MySQL Synchronization for browser-based apps using an embedded database (powered by Google Gears)"
- Domas Mituzas (Sun/Wikipedia), "Deep-inspecting MySQL with DTrace"
The seventh MySQL Conference will offer attendees:
- More than 120 sessions encompassing a wide range of skill levels to help organizations build modern Web, Web 2.0, SaaS, Embedded, Telecom and Enterprise 2.0 applications
- Multiple tracks that will explore Performance Tuning, High Availability, Architecture and Technology, Business and Case Studies, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- In-depth tutorials to help develop technical skills and learn new tricks
- Inspirational keynote presentations that describe the future of software and the evolution of open source in the enterprise and beyond
- Over 2,000 MySQL developers, DBAs, experts, solution providers, and users under one roof
- An Expo Hall featuring dozens of the latest tools and products from third party vendors
- The opportunity to become MySQL Certified
- MySQLCamp - The unconference event where everyone can contribute to the agenda
- A DotOrg Pavilion within the Expo Hall, showcasing community projects at the forefront of MySQL innovation
- Fun evening events, Birds of a Feather sessions, and plenty of networking opportunities
The MySQL Conference & Expo is an interactive learning community, with four full days packed with connections to MySQL developers and open source experts who know their subject inside and out. Learn from speakers, vendors, project leaders, and others.
MySQL Conference & Expo sponsors include The Kickfire, Infobright, JasperSoft, Continuent, IBM, Pentaho, and R1Soft.
For more information on MySQL, visit
If you have ideas about areas you'd like to see included at the conference, send a note to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you'd like to stay up to date on information relating to MySQL Conference & Expo, sign up for the conference newsletter (login required) at:
View selected presentations from MySQL Conference & Expo 2008 at:
To see articles, blogs, and other coverage of last year's event, visit:
For a look at photos from MySQL Conference & Expo 2008, see:
For information about sponsorship and exhibit opportunities at MySQL Conference & Expo, contact Sharon Cordesse at 707.827.7065 or email@example.com.
If you would like to discuss forming a media or promotional partnership with O'Reilly for an upcoming event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To read Tim O'Reilly's take on the future, go to the O'Reilly Radar at:
More O'Reilly Conferences:
- O'Reilly Money:Tech Conference in New York City February 4-6, 2009
- O'Reilly Tools of Change for Publishing Conference in New York City February 9-11, 2009
- O'Reilly Emerging Technology Conference in San Jose, CA, March 9-12, 2009
- Web 2.0 Expo San Francisco in San Francisco March 31-April 3, 2009, co-produced with TechWeb
- RailsConf in Las Vegas, May 4-7, 2009, co-presented with Ruby Central, Inc.
- Where 2.0 Conference in San Jose, CA, May 19-21, 2009
- Found in Burlingame, CA, June 9-11, 2009
- Velocity in San Jose, CA, June 22-24, 2009
- OSCON in San Jose, CA, in San Jose, CA, July 20-24, 2009
- Web 2.0 Summit in San Francisco, CA, October 20-22, 2009
- Web 2.0 Expo New York in New York City, Nov. 16-19, 2009
For a conference overview, visit:
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.