Google SketchUp: The Missing Manual (O'Reilly Media, $34.99 USD) offers a hands-on tour of the program, with crystal-clear instructions for using every feature and lots of real-world examples to help you pick up the practical skills you need. Learn to use the basic tools, build and animate models, and place your objects in Google Earth.
With this book, you will:
- Learn your way around the SketchUp workspace, and explore the differences between working in 2-D and 3-D
- Build simple 3-D shapes, save them as reusable components, and use SketchUp's Outliner to show or hide them as you work
- Tackle a complicated model building with lots of detail, and discover timesaving tools for using many components
- Animate the model by creating an interior walkthrough of your building
- Dress up your model with realistic material shading and shadows, and place it in Google Earth
It's easy to get started. Just download the program from Google.com, and follow the instructions in this book. You'll become a SketchUp master in no time.
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
Chris Grover lives in Fairfax, California with his wife and two daughters. Chris received degrees in Creative Writing and Film from Emerson College in Boston, Massachusetts. He's worked as a technical writer, advertising copywriter and product publicist for more than 25 years. His freelance articles have been published in a variety of magazines from Fine Homebuilding to CD-ROM World.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596521462
Google SketchUp: The Missing Manual
ISBN: 9780596521462, 598 pages,
Book Price: $34.99 USD, £26.99 GBP
Ebook Price: $27.99 USD
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.