"Steve Jobs said that Apple was going to 'put a pause on new features' in Snow Leopard," Pogue says, "but not everyone got the memo. An insane amount has changed--tiny, tweaky things, under-the-hood things, and even some big, routine-changing things. Writing the ultimate, complete, most entertaining guide to all of it was absolutely exhausting, but I guess somebody's got to do it."
The most authoritative book for Mac users of all technical levels and experience, Mac OS X Snow Leopard: The Missing Manual (O'Reilly/Pogue Press, US $34.99) is amusing and fun to read, but Pogue doesn't take his subject lightly. Which features work well and which don't? What should you look for? What should you avoid?
You get all the answers with crystal-clear, jargon-free explorations of:
- Everything new: the rewritten Finder, 64-bit mode, Microsoft Exchange compatibility, build-them-yourself Services and keyboard shortcuts, self-waking networked Macs, and more
- The Dock, the Mac OS X folder structure, and Mail: all faster and with new Snow Leopard-only features
- Safari 4: the latest and best-performing Mac web browser
- QuickTime X: the new multimedia player that lets you trim and share clips to YouTube, MobileMe, and iTunes
- The coolest collection of tips, tricks, and undocumented shortcuts ever assembled
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com Please include your delivery address and contact information.
David Pogue , Yale '85, is the weekly personal-technology columnist for the New York Times and an Emmy award-winning tech correspondent for CBS News. His funny tech videos appear weekly on CNBC. And with 3 million books in print, he is also one of the world's bestselling how- to authors. In 1999, he launched his own series of amusing, practical, and user-friendly computer books called Missing Manuals, which now includes 100 titles.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596153281
Mac OS X Snow Leopard: The Missing Manual
ISBN: 9780596153281, 912 pages,
Book Price: $34.99 USD, £30.99 GBP
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.