Press Release: June 16, 2010
Microsoft Silverlight 4 Step by Step--New from Microsoft Press
"The web continues to explode in growth but rich user experience, while as important as ever, is rarely achieved," says author and Microsoft evangelist Laurence Moroney. "Silverlight 4 not only makes this possible, it makes it easy. It's the best technology to build rich internet, desktop or phone applications and I wanted to make it really accessible by providing a step-by-step learning experience to show how quickly Silverlight 4 can meet these broad set of scenarios."
With Microsoft® Silverlight® 4 Step by Step, you will:
- Install the tools you need and build your first Silverlight application
- Get up to speed on Silverlight 4 features, including out-of-browser support, webcam, and microphone
- Develop Web applications with Silverlight that work across browsers and devices
- Engage users with animation, video, layout, vector graphics, and 3D effects
- Learn how to build and deploy simple applications for Windows Phone 7
- Create Windows Phone features such as Input Scope, Orientation, and the Application Bar
Your online learning resources include:
- Practice exercises
- Code samples
- Fully searchable ebook
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
Laurence Moroney is a Senior Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, focusing on Silverlight and the user experience. He has more than a decade of experience in software development and implementation, and has written dozens of books and articles on Windows Presentation Foundation, Web development, security, and interoperability.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780735638860
Microsoft Silverlight 4 Step by Step
ISBN: 9780735638877, 336 pages,
Book Price: $34.99 USD, Ebook Price: $27.99 USD
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.