Press Release: July 15, 2010
Office 2010: The Missing Manual--New from O'Reilly
Sebastopol, CA—Microsoft Office is the most widely used software suite in the world. The half-dozen programs in Office 2010 are packed with amazing features, but most people just know the basics. Office 2010: The Missing Manual (O'Reilly Media, $39.99 USD) not only gets you started with Office, it reveals all kinds of useful things you didn't know the software could do—with plenty of power-user tips and tricks when you're ready for more.
- Create professional-looking documents. Learn everything you need to know to craft beautiful Word documents.
- Stay organized. Keep track of your email, calendar, and contacts with Outlook.
- Crunch numbers with ease. Assemble data, make calculations, and summarize the results with Excel.
- Make eye-catching presentations. Build PowerPoint slideshows with video and audio clips, animations, and more.
- Build Access databases quickly. Make your data easy to find, sort, and manage.
- Manage your files more efficiently. Use the new Backstage view to quickly work with your Office files.
- Get to know the whole suite. Learn to use other handy Office tools: Publisher, OneNote, and Office Web Apps.
"If you're upgrading from Office 2007, you'll be able to zero in on the new features you'll love. If you're a holdout from an earlier version of Office, you'll get up to speed fast—and painlessly," said Nancy Conner, co-author of Office 2010: The Missing Manual, along with Matthew MacDonald.
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
About the Authors
Nancy Conner has a Ph.D. in English from Brown University and has taught writing, including technical writing, to college students for more than a dozen years. She is currently a freelance copyeditor, specializing in technical books covering topics ranging from the MS Office suite to programming languages to advanced network security.
Matthew MacDonald is a developer, author, and educator in all things Visual Basic and .NET. He's worked with Visual Basic and ASP since their initial versions, and has written over a dozen books on the subject, including The Book of VB .NET (No Starch Press) and Visual Basic 2005: A Developer's Notebook (O'Reilly). He has also written a number of Missing Manual titles on Excel 2007 and Access 2007 (O'Reilly). His website is http://www.prosetech.com.
For more information about the book, including sample content, full table of contents, author bio, and cover graphic, see: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/0636920002086.
Office 2010: The Missing Manual
Nancy Conner, Matthew MacDonald
ISBN: 978-1-4493-8240-7, 960 pages,
Book Price: $39.99 USD, Ebook Price: $31.99 USD
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.