Sebastopol, CA—How does MongoDB help you manage a huMONGOus amount of data collected through your web application? With this authoritative introduction, you'll learn the many advantages of using document-oriented databases, and discover why MongoDB is a reliable, high-performance system that allows for almost infinite horizontal scalability.
Written by Kristina Chodorow and Michael Dirolf, software engineers from 10gen, the company that develops and supports this open source database, MongoDB: The Definitive Guide (O'Reilly Media, $31.99 USD) provides guidance for database developers, advanced configuration for system administrators, and an overview of the concepts and use cases for other people on your project. Learn how easy it is to handle data as self-contained JSON-style documents, rather than as records in a relational database.
- Explore ways that document-oriented storage will work for your project
- Learn how MongoDB’s schema-free data model handles documents, collections, and multiple databases
- Execute basic write operations, and create complex queries to find data with any criteria
- Use indexes, aggregation tools, and other advanced query techniques
- Learn about monitoring, security and authentication, backup and repair, and more
- Set up master-slave and automatic failover replication in MongoDB
- Use sharding to scale MongoDB horizontally, and learn how it impacts applications
- Get example applications written in Java, PHP, Python, and Ruby
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://oreilly.com/catalog/9781449381578
MongoDB: The Definitive Guide
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
Kristina Chodorow, Michael Dirolf
Print Price: 39.99 USD
Ebook Price: 31.99 USD
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.