Sebastopol, CA—Elements 9 offers much of Photoshop's power without the huge price tag. It's an ideal tool for most image-editing buffs—including scrapbookers, photographers, and aspiring graphic artists. But Elements still doesn't come with a decent manual. Photoshop Elements 9: The Missing Manual (O'Reilly Media, $44.99 USD), will help you get the most out of the program, from the basics to advanced tips for both Windows and Mac.
"Elements 9 has some major new features, like Layer Masks, and the Organizer for Mac, that are very powerful but not easy to figure out, as well as some fun new features that you may well overlook if you don't know where to find them," says expert author Barbara Brundage. "I hope that the book will help my readers understand how to get the most from all of them."
- Quickly learn your way around. Customize Elements to suit your working style.
- Get to work right away. Import, organize, and make quick image fixes with ease.
- Retouch any image. Learn how to repair and restore your old and damaged photos.
- Add some pizzazz. Give images more zip with dozens of filters, frames, and special effects.
- Find your creative flair. Create scrapbooks, greeting cards, photo books, and more.
- Use advanced techniques. Work with layers, blend modes, and other tools.
- Try out your new skills. Download practice images and try new tricks as you learn.
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://oreilly.com/catalog/9781449399795
Photoshop Elements 9: The Missing Manual
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
ISBN: 9781449389673, 640 pages
Print Price: $44.99 Ebook Price: $35.99
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.