Press Release: October 14, 2010
Hadoop: The Definitive Guide, Second Edition: Storage and Analysis at Internet Scale--New from O'Reilly
Sebastopol, CA—Discover how Apache Hadoop can unleash the power of your data. Hadoop: The Definitive Guide (O'Reilly Media, $49.99 USD) is a comprehensive resource that shows you how to build and maintain reliable, scalable, distributed systems with the Hadoop framework—an open source implementation of MapReduce, the algorithm on which Google built its empire. Programmers will find details for analyzing datasets of any size, and administrators will learn how to set up and run Hadoop clusters.
This revised edition covers recent changes to Hadoop, including new features such as Hive, Sqoop, and Avro. It also provides illuminating case studies that illustrate how Hadoop is used to solve specific problems. Looking to get the most out of your data? This is your book.
- Use the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) for storing large datasets, then run distributed computations over those datasets with MapReduce
- Become familiar with Hadoop's data and I/O building blocks for compression, data integrity, serialization, and persistence
- Discover common pitfalls and advanced features for writing real-world MapReduce programs
- Design, build, and administer a dedicated Hadoop cluster, or run Hadoop in the cloud
- Use Pig, a high-level query language for large-scale data processing
- Analyze datasets with Hive, Hadoop's data warehousing system
- Take advantage of HBase, Hadoop's database for structured and semi-structured data
- Learn ZooKeeper, a toolkit of coordination primitives for building distributed systems
"Now you have the opportunity to learn about Hadoop from a master -- not only of the technology, but also of common sense and plain talk."
—Doug Cutting, Cloudera
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, index, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://oreilly.com/catalog/9781449398644
Hadoop: The Definitive Guide
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
ISBN: 9781449389734, 624 pages
Print Price: $49.99 Ebook Price: $39.99
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly Media has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise through the company’s Safari training and learning platform and at O’Reilly conferences. As a SaaS learning platform, Safari delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information visit oreilly.com.
Return to: O'Reilly Press Room