Press Release: January 6, 2011
Office 2011 for Mac: The Missing Manual--New from O'Reilly
Sebastopol, CA—Office 2011 for Mac is easy to use, but to unleash its full power, you need to go beyond the basics. Fortunately, you'll find crystal-clear explanations on the features you use most—and plenty of power-user tips when you're ready for more—in Office 2011 for Mac: The Missing Manual (O'Reilly Media, $34.99 USD).
"Ask a Mac user what they want from Microsoft Office and before long they get around to: 1) Make Office more Mac-like, and 2) Give Office for Mac the same features as the Windows version. Office 2011 for Mac doesn't completely resolve those issues, but it's certainly a welcome improvement," notes expert author Chris Grover. "And you'll find all the Office features, new and old, covered in Office 2011 for Mac: The Missing Manual."
This entertaining guide not only gets you started with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the new Outlook for Mac, it also reveals useful lots of things you didn't know the software could do. You'll learn how to:
- Take advantage of new tools. Navigate with the Ribbon, use SmartArt graphics, and work online with Office Web Apps.
- Create professional-looking documents. Use Word to craft beautiful reports, newsletters, brochures, and posters.
- Crunch numbers with ease. Assemble data, make calculations, and summarize the results with Excel.
- Stay organized. Set up Outlook to track your email, contacts, appointments, and tasks.
- Make eye-catching presentations. Build PowerPoint slideshows with video and audio clips, animations, and other features.
- Use the programs together. Discover how to be more productive and creative by drawing directly in Word documents, adding spreadsheets to your slides, and more.
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://oreilly.com/catalog/0636920012863
Office 2011 for Macintosh: The Missing Manual
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
By Chris Grover
Print ISBN: 9781449393359 Ebook ISBN: 9781449395490
Print Price: $34.99 Ebook Price: $27.99
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.