Press Release: January 13, 2011
- Master basic programming techniques and concepts
- Harness the power of functional and object-oriented programming
- Use regular expressions to quickly parse and manipulate strings
- Gracefully deal with errors and browser incompatibilities
- Handle browser events and alter the DOM structure
Publisher: No Starch Press
By Marijn Haverbeke
ISBN 9781593272821, $29.95 USD
January 2011, 224 pp.
About No Starch Press
Founded in 1994, No Starch Press is one of the few remaining independent computer book publishers. We publish the finest in geek entertainment—unique books on technology, with a focus on open source, security, hacking, programming, alternative operating systems, LEGO, science, and math. Our titles have personality, our authors are passionate, and our books tackle topics that people care about. Visit http://www.nostarch.com for a complete catalog.
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.