Press Release: April 22, 2011
iPad 2: The Missing Manual--New from O'Reilly
Sebastopol, CA—The iPad is an amazing media device, once you really know how to use it. In this entertaining book, iPad 2: The Missing Manual (O'Reilly Media, $24.99 USD), New York Times tech columnist and iPad expert J.D. Biersdorfer shows you how to get the most out of this sleek tablet to surf the Web, send and receive email, watch movies and TV shows, read ebooks, listen to music, play games, and even do a little iWork. It's the book that should have been in the box.
"The original iPad was great, but the iPad 2 is even better. All that thinner, lighter, faster stuff Apple was touting is true, and I'm finding even more apps that let me get stuff done during the day—and leave the laptop at home," writes Biersdorfer. "I can do word-processing, edit photos, stitch together a quick Web movie, read a book and catch up with the latest episode of '30 Rock,' all on the same lightweight device."
And, adds Biersdorfer: "I love using FaceTime on the iPad 2. All you do is prop up the tablet, tap a contact name to make a call, and sit back to chat. It's sort of like having a live picture frame with two-way communication."
The important stuff you need to know:
- Learn undocumented tips and tricks. Get the lowdown on cool iPad secrets
- Build and play your media library. Fill up your iPad with music, movies, TV shows, eBooks, photos, music videos, audiobooks, and podcasts
- Get online. Connect through Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi+3G—on both GSM and CDMA networks
- Discover state-of-the-art e-reading. Buy and read books and magazines in full color
- Consolidate your email accounts. Read email from your personal and work accounts
- Shop iTunes and the App Store. Navigate Apple's media emporiums, and learn how to get free music, video, books, and apps
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://oreilly.com/catalog/0636920015802
iPad 2: The Missing Manual
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
By J.D. Biersdorfer
Print ISBN: 9781449301736 Ebook ISBN: 9781449303259
Pages: 336 (est.)
Print Price: $24.99 Ebook Price: $19.99
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.