Press Release: April 19, 2011
Microsoft Visio 2010 Step by Step--The smart way to learn Microsoft Visio 2010--one step at a time
Sebastopol, CA—Experience learning made easy—and quickly teach yourself how to create professional business and technical diagrams with Visio 2010. With Microsoft® Visio® 2010 Step by Step (Microsoft Press, $29.99 USD), you set the pace—building and practicing the skills you need, just when you need them.
"Visio 2010 is the coolest and most robust release of Visio in the last 10 years," says Visio MVP and author Scott Helmers. "There is more that is new, exciting and possible with Visio 2010 than most long-time Visio users realize."
Helmers adds, "Visio 2010 is easier to use than ever before, in part because this is the first release to implement the Microsoft Office ribbon user interface (UI). Visio is, after all, a visual product, and the ribbon UI is all about visual presentation of related functions that help you achieve your goals."
With Microsoft® Visio® 2010 Step by Step, you will:
- Learn how to navigate the new user interface—the Ribbon and Backstage view—in Visio 2010
- Build network diagrams, organization charts, office spaces, floor plans, and other diagrams
- Connect and align shapes in process diagrams, and create effective flowcharts and workflow diagrams
- Link Visio diagrams to a data source to visualize the diagram's data, and analyze business data in PivotDiagrams
- Insert and modify diagrams in Microsoft® Office documents, and collaborate on diagrams in Microsoft SharePoint® 2010
- Create your own shapes and templates and build custom diagrams
Your online learning resources include:
- Practice exercises
- Diagram samples
- Unlimited access to a fully searchable online edition of the book on the Web
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://oreilly.com/catalog/0790145307477
Microsoft® Visio® 2010 Step by Step
Publisher: Microsoft Press
By Scott A. Helmers
Print ISBN: 9780735648876 Ebook ISBN: 9780735648869
Print Price: $29.99 Ebook Price: $23.99
About Microsoft Press
Microsoft Press is a division of Microsoft Corporation. Established in 1985, Microsoft Press publishes self-paced learning materials on Microsoft products and associated technologies. Microsoft Press products are available in a variety of formats for individual users, IT professionals, and developers. Since 2009, Microsoft and O'Reilly Media have shared the editorial direction and development of Microsoft Press products. O'Reilly also handles sales, distribution, customer service, and some administrative functions.
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.