Press Release: June 23, 2011
Flash CS5.5: The Missing Manual--New from O'Reilly Media
Sebastopol, CA—Once you know how to use Flash, you can create everything from simple animations to high-end desktop applications, but it's a complex tool that can be difficult to master on your own. That is unless you have Flash CS5.5: The Missing Manual (O'Reilly Media, $44.99) by Chris Grover.
"My book is intended for beginner to intermediate audiences," notes Grover. "It starts off easy, so it's great for newcomers who are beginning to use Flash. The chapters and exercises build logically. Later chapters explore complex features such as controlling animations using ActionScript, and turning Flash animations into AIR desktop, smartphone, or tablet applications."
The important stuff you need to know:
- Learn animation basics. Discover how to turn simple ideas into stunning animations.
- Master Flash's tools. Learn the animation and effects tools with clear explanations and hands-on examples.
- Use 3D effects. Rotate objects and make them move in three dimensions.
- Create lifelike motion. Use the IK Bones tool to simulate realistic body movements and other linked motions.
- Build apps for tablets and smartphones. Create the next generation of iPhone, iPad, and Android apps.
- Add multimedia. Incorporate your own audio and video files into Flash.
- Create rich interactive animations. Dive into advanced interactivity with easy-to-learn ActionScript examples.
Indeed, with Flash CS5.5: The Missing Manual, you'll quickly learn all you need to know about Flash CS5.5 to create gorgeous animations that bring your ideas to life.
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://oreilly.com/catalog/0636920017523
Flash CS5.5: The Missing Manual
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
By Chris Grover
Print ISBN: 9781449398255 Ebook ISBN: 9781449398897
Print Price: $44.99 Ebook Price: $31.99
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.