Sebastopol, CA, November 22, 2011—O'Reilly's Velocity enters its fifth year as the essential web operations and performance conference June 26-28, 2012, at the Grand Hyatt Santa Clara in Santa Clara, CA. Program chairs Steve Souders and John Allspaw have opened the call for participation, requesting proposals for sessions and tutorials.
Velocity covers the entire web operations and performance world, from the technical training necessary for optimal front- and back-end performance to strategies for building resilient applications, infrastructure, and teams. Since its beginning five years ago, Velocity has grown to include sister events in Europe and China.
Velocity 2012 features four overarching tracks: Web Operations, Web Performance, Mobile Performance, and Velocity Culture. Within those tracks, topics of particular interest include:
- How to build resilience into applications, infrastructure, and teams
- Operations escalation and outage handling patterns
- Production datastore architectures at scale
- Effective cloud computing
- TCP, HTTP, and SSL optimizations
- Metrics and monitoring
- Impact on the bottom line
Submit your proposal before January 10, 2012:
Best Price registration opens in March, 2012.
O'Reilly Velocity Conference Calls for Proposals. Submit yours today. http://oreil.ly/rvHfm5 #velocityconf
- Joshua Bixby, "The Relationship Between Faster Mobile Sites and Business KPI"
- Ivo Teel & Laurens van Hees "Taking on the Performance Challenge"
- Brian Doll, "The Future of Application Performance Management"
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.