Press Release: February 7, 2012
Take Control of Screen Sharing in Lion--New from TidBITS: New ebook explains everything Mac users need to know about screen sharing
The new Take Control of Screen Sharing in Lion (TidBITS, $10.00 USD), offers the latest advice on screen sharing with iChat, Back to My Mac, the Screen Sharing application in Mac OS X, and Skype, and describes the current versions of iTeleport and LogMeIn, iOS apps that let you run your Mac remotely by tapping and dragging. (Although this new edition has "Lion" in the title, it is also the go-to Take Control ebook for questions about screen sharing with users of 10.5 Leopard and 10.6 Snow Leopard.)
Readers of Take Control of Screen Sharing in Lion will learn how to:
- Set up a Mac so that it can be controlled from an iPhone.
- Use screen sharing to help a confused relative with his Mac.
- Find and launch the built-in Screen Sharing application on a Mac.
- Control an unattended Mac over the Internet.
- Turn on Back to My Mac with MobileMe or iCloud.
- Get set up and begin to share a screen through Skype.
- Give a presentation to a remote location through iChat Theater.
- Wake up a remote Mac in order to control it through screen sharing.
- Copy text from one computer to another while sharing screens.
- Put a shared screen in its own full-screen display in Lion.
- Control a far-away Mac through screen sharing when another user is logged in to that same Mac with a different account.
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9781615423965.do
Take Control of Screen Sharing in Lion
By Glenn Fleishman
Ebook ISBN: 9781615423965
Ebook Price: $10.00
The Take Control series is published by TidBITS Publishing Inc. TidBITS co-founders Adam and Tonya Engst have been publishing highly regarded news and editorial since 1990 when they created the online newsletter TidBITS, which covers Macintosh and Internet-related topics. The Take Control series has helped many thousands of readers with high-quality, timely, real-world, cost-effective documentation since 2003.
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.