Press Release: April 24, 2012
PayPal APIs: Up and Running, 2nd Edition--New from O'Reilly Media: Monetizing Your Application with Payment Flows
Sebastopol, CA—This second edition of PayPal APIs: Up and Running (O'Reilly Media, $29.99 USD) is a nearly complete revamp of the first, with some 75% of the content being new. Author Matthew Russell (@ptwobrussell) explains: "Whereas the first edition of the book, written by Michael Balderas, was essentially an abstract consolidation of useful API docs that were available online, the second edition features a full integration presented in the PayPal Sandbox using Python/Google App Engine.
Russell continues: "A common reference project called Tweet Relevance is featured in an appendix and is the basis for each chapter's integration with the various PayPal products. I've also added an additional chapter that features Express Checkout for Digital Goods and updated existing chapters where applicable."
When asked why this book is so important right now, Russell says it's simple. "Web application technology is mature, social and mobile platforms are hotter than ever, and the opportunity is ripe for developers to monetize their applications using payflows such as those offered by PayPal."
- Learn PayPal API basics, and get an introduction to Google App Engine
- Explore the Express Checkout option, and understand what distinguishes it from other generic workflows
- Tailor Express Checkout for electronic documents, videos, and other "in app" digital purchases
- Apply the Adaptive Payments option for transactions that involve multiple recipients
- Embed the payment process into your site with no mention of PayPal, using Website Payments Pro
- Use the Instant Payment Notifications you receive as triggers to take follow-up action
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920023227.do
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.