Ithaca, NY—TidBITS Publishing Inc. is pleased to announce Take Control of iBooks Author ($15.00 USD), a 150-page ebook that has all the advice and directions that Mac users need to plan, produce, and publish a Multi-Touch book for the iPad with Apple's free iBooks Author application.
Written by digital-textbook pioneer Michael E. Cohen, this ebook explains how to plan a Multi-Touch book project to fit the capabilities and assumptions made by iBooks Author. Cohen provides detailed step-by-step instructions for producing an ebook by customizing the many available layouts and arranging text and media. Finally, he discusses how to publish an ebook, whether for distribution on Apple's iBookstore or through some other means.
iBooks Author enables Mac users to create Multi-Touch books for the iPad. These ebooks boast visually impressive, template-driven layouts that can contain many types of media such as audio and video, slideshows and interactive illustrations, rotating 3D images, quizzes, and more. Although iBooks Author is especially made for creating textbooks, it can be used for wide variety of publication types, including catalogs, journals, and brochures.
The $15 Take Control of iBooks Author is available in PDF, EPUB, and Mobi formats so it can be viewed on any computer or ebook reading device. A free companion ebook, Take Control of Getting Ready for iBooks Author, is available as a Multi-Touch book and can be read only on the iPad. Take Control of Getting Ready for iBooks Author contains about 40 pages of content from Take Control of iBooks Author, and its media examples are fully operational—you can play a video file, view an image gallery, tap an interactive illustration, take a visual quiz, and more. Download it here:
Readers of Take Control of iBooks Author will learn how to:
- Design content that will fit comfortably in an iBooks Author template.
- Decide whether to write in iBooks Author or elsewhere.
- Add media, including audio, video, slideshows, charts and tables, interactive graphics, 3D rotating graphics (COLLADA), and more.
- Pick an iBooks Author template and customize it.
- Add new chapters, sections, and pages.
- Control the flow of text in a layout.
- Create and configure study questions.
- Add an interactive glossary and index, and understand how they interact.
- Generate a table of contents that works with your content.
- Make internal hyperlinks and external links to the Web.
- Export an ebook as a basic PDF or text file.
- Export an ebook as a Multi-Touch book.
- Do the digital paperwork necessary to work with Apple's iBookstore.
- Upload a completed project to the iBookstore.
For a review copy or more information please email email@example.com. Please include your delivery address and contact information.
For more information about the book, including table of contents, author bios, and cover graphic, see: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9781615424030.do
Take Control of iBooks Author
By Michael E Cohen
Ebook ISBN: 9781615424030
Ebook Price: $15.00
The Take Control series is published by TidBITS Publishing Inc. TidBITS co-founders Adam and Tonya Engst have been publishing highly regarded news and editorial since 1990 when they created the online newsletter TidBITS, which covers Macintosh and Internet-related topics. The Take Control series has helped many thousands of readers with high-quality, timely, real-world, cost-effective documentation since 2003.
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.