Press Release: October 15, 2012
Pride and Publishing--O'Reilly TOC Conference Writes the Future
Sebastopol, CA—October 15, 2012—It is a truth universally acknowledged that a publisher in possession of a rich future must want to attend TOC. Publishers and everyone who wants to master the forces transforming the publishing world can collaborate on the future of books and reading at O'Reilly's Tools of Change for Publishing Conference. TOC returns to New York City February 12-14, 2013, and registration has opened.
Chairs Kat Meyer and Joe Wikert have announced an extraordinary program, with featured speakers including:
- Evan Williams, The Obvious Corporation
- Maria Popova, Brain Pickings
- Jeff Jaffe, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
- Hugh McGuire, PressBooks/LibriVox/lambik
- Alexandra Gillespie, University of Toronto
- Travis Alber, ReadSocial and BookGlutton
- Mark Waid, Thrillbent
- Jennifer Lee, Plympton
- Evan Ratliff, The Atavist
- Henry Jenkins, University of Southern California
- Todd Carpenter, NISO
Best price ends November 1, and early registration ends December 20, 2012.
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.