Press Release: October 29, 2012
Sebastopol, CA, October 29, 2012—O'Reilly's Fluent Conference explores Java Script, HTML5, and other tools and technologies driving the Web on May 28-30 in San Francisco, CA. Dedicated to showcasing and sharing the latest knowledge about progressive web development, Fluent gives developers the chance to share their hard-earned knowledge. Fluent covers everything from the technical aspects of Node.js, ECMAScript specs, and CoffeeScript to practical front-end issues involving Backbone.js, CSS3, browser APIs, as well as gaming and data visualization leaning on Canvas and WebGL. The call for proposals for Fluent 2013 has opened.
Fluent chairs Simon St. Laurent and Peter Cooper request proposals on many aspects of the Web as a platform, including but in no way limited to:
- Web browser technology and performance
- Graphics and game development for Web and mobile using HTML5
- Using Web technologies to build native apps (e.g. PhoneGap, Windows 8)
- Data visualization tools and techniques
- UI and user experience creation through Web technologies
- Mobile-targeted web application development
- Structural and MVC frameworks (e.g. Backbone.js, Spine, Knockout.js)
- Node.js and other server-side runtimes
Submit your proposal by December 10, 2012. Registration opens January 24, 2013.
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O’Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying “faint signals” from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.