In this episode of the O’Reilly Bots Podcast, Pete Skomoroch and I speak with Ben Brown, co-founder and CEO of Howdy.ai, the bot toolmaker behind the Botkit framework. Brown also runs the Talkabot conference, which was held in Austin this past September.
Learn faster. Dig deeper. See farther.
- The types of bots that people are building and experimenting with on Botkit
- How the evolution of bots compares to the evolution of mobile apps
- The strikingly collegial bots community: Brown cites the contributions that IBM and Microsoft have made to Botkit
- Praise for new types of bots, including notification bots (such as Poncho), what Brown calls “unfurling content” bots (such as Purple), and bots that open channels to discussions with humans
- Thington, an Internet of Things platform that functions like a chatroom for micro-bots connected to different home devices